Polyaxon v1.11 builds on top of the previous enhancements in dashboards and adds several new features:
- Possibility to load all events for a specific artifact kind
- New chart’s customization to manage the tooltips, the legends, and the chart styles
- New plotting options with box plots, violin charts, and scatter plots
- The refresh buttons on both single run dashboards and the comparison table trigger, automatically, reloading of all events and charts
- Auto-updates of charts in single run dashboards when the run is still active
- Improved sections and widgets control and automatically account for resizing
The streams service was reworked to provide faster loading of events:
- The streams logic has a much higher concurrency of events loading for all backends: volumes, paths, S3, GCS, Azure blob storage, …
- Improved cache access and logic for loading artifacts as well as listing
Improved syncing logic in sidecars
Polyaxon sidecar received the necessary improvements to:
- Handle deletion
- Prevent re-uploading artifacts that were initialized in the init containers
- Preserve creation/edition time of artifacts
- Reuse clients’ connections
Improved inspection and monitoring capabilities
This is the first release that will allow users to completely monitor, watch, inspect, and debug their workload without having any access to the Kubernetes cluster.
Users can inspect their runs directly from the statuses page without the need to have access to the Kubernetes cluster:
Users can additionally access the operation’s container without the need for a kubeconfig on their machine. These new capabilities work natively with Polyaxon’s AuthN/AuthZ as well as respects any additional RBAC configured on the cluster.
Future releases will bring the same feature to Polyaxon CLI with
polyaxon ops shell.
New logging UI
We reworked the logs UI to fix some long-standing limitations:
- Auto-scroll behavior
- Improved scrolling logic and follow logic
- Removal of pagination in the logs viewer
- Improved copy to clipboard while preserving the logs structure
- Improved logs download logic
- Improved search capabilities with case sensitivity, regex mode, and search results facet
- Improved columns, time, and containers display and selection
- New highlighting and annotation logic
Enabling/Disabling operation approval from CLI
Polyaxon allows putting an operation on hold until it’s approved by a user using the
isApproved section in the Polyaxonfile specification.
This release allows to trigger approval directly from the CLI using a new flag
polyaxon run --approved=y/yes/t/true/1 ...
polyaxon run --approved=n/no/f/false/0 ...
Learn More about Polyaxon
This blog post just goes over a couple of features that we shipped in v1.11. To learn more about all the features, fixes, and enhancements, please visit the release notes, the current known issues and the short term roadmap.
Polyaxon continues to grow quickly and keeps improving and providing the simplest machine learning layer on Kubernetes. We hope that these updates will improve your workflows and increase your productivity, and again, thank you for your continued feedback and support.
Subscribe to Polyaxon
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox